Aug 30, 2012

Decor: Outdoor Lighting

I dreamed of an outdoor wedding, and planned one too. It went off well... until the storm clouds began to roll in after the first course and we all made a mad dash inside! Thankfully, I was too happy to care about the crazy musical chairs that followed and it's always made for a good story since.

Outdoor lighting, if we'd gotten far enough along to use it before being rushed indoors, was a big point of discussion for us. After all, lights add so much to the ambiance of your event and the right lights, outside, can make for a magical surrounding. I find myself tagging and saving pretty much any picture I come across with outdoor lighting ideas lately... like these:

Glittering orbs of strand lights wrapped around balls of twigs...



Simple, straight string lights over party tables on the grass...



Clear glass globes tied to branches from above...


Lanterns (that would presumably light up after dark)...



A tent! Could have saved me some misery... Hung with icicle style fairy lights...

Source: google.com via Sarah on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment